2. What Information is Collected.
(a) Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features.
(b) Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site.
(c) “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies.
3. How and When the Information is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new services, or special offers.
4. How We Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission.
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
5. Who Has Access to the Information. Information about our users is important to us. We will not disclose any individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving that user’s permission.
6. Methods We Use to Protect Your Information. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
7. Children. This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. [If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.]
8. How You Can Access Your Information. You can request access to all your personally identifiable information by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
12. “Do Not Track” Policy. Our service uses the following tracking methods: 1) Data that a user voluntarily enters into fields (e.g. name and email address) are recorded when a user submits a contact form (e.g. “Contact the editor”) or creates a user account in the Community Forum. 2) Non-personally identifiable site use aggregate data are collected using Google Analytics service. Google Analytics Advertising Features are enabled to show demographics and interest categories. We respond to “do not track” setting by: no action is taken.
13. Third Party Tracking. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities on our website (depending on the user’s selected settings); for example, Google Ad Personalization from a user’s Google Account. The 3rd party advertising (Google Ad Manager) cookies are used to serve relevant ads to users based on their behavior on other sites that serve Google Ad Manager. Users can turn off Ad Personalization from the Google Ad Settings page.
After 19 years in publication, Sailing Anarchy has remained true to its roots as a community oriented, edgy sailing publisher. We have long been, and will continue to be, the leader in providing inside stories, great reports from around the globe, along with the informative, snarky, profane coverage that you have come to expect. Others come and go, dilly dally with bullshit, while we remain Anarchists to the core.