The Park City Sailing Association (PCSA) was founded in 2008 and is a community sailing organization providing opportunities for adults and kids to sail. In 2018 over 1400 people participated in PCSA education, racing and social programs. We are looking for Sailing Instructors for the 2019 season, approximately Jun – Aug. Housing arrangements may be available.
To view complete job description and apply, please visit https://sailpc.org/jobs
- Certified US Sailing Instructor (minimum Level I Small Boat Sailing Instructor), or have comparable certification. Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Work weeks are approximately 40 hours a week and may include some evening or weekend shifts to support sailing lessons for children, adults and special user groups along with possible racing events.
- Be an appropriate role model for the students. Encourage the highest levels of sportsmanship and behavior. Generate enthusiasm and commitment to learning, while maintaining a commitment to Park City Sailing’s program objectives: safety, fun and learning.
- Follow course curriculum as designed. Instructors are responsible for developing the daily lesson plans for their respective classes. It is expected that instructors will make full and constructive use of the time scheduled for classes, and show creativity and excitement with their classes to the best of their ability.
- Responsible for insuring that the safety boats have the necessary and required safety and teaching equipment, before going out on the water.
- Responsible for reporting any problems with the condition of any boat used in the program to the Head Instructor, and logging them in the Maintenance Log. Instructors are expected to take care of minor repairs as needed (i.e. replacing frayed lines, broken shackles or cleats and ring dings, etc.). Repairs or maintenance of a more serious nature will be handled by the Operations team.