Laser 28 – “Warp Drive”
Designer: Bruce Farr
Manufacturer: Laser International, built 1985, hull number ZIDX0143A585
Standard Features and Equipment
1. Hull & deck Kevlar sandwich construction using Termanto cross-linked PVC foam
2. Keel loads transferred into floor structure and not hull skins
- Spare rudder (original North American design. Installed rudder is the European design – about 3 inches deeper for better broach control. Rudders have equal wetted surface and both are class legal)
Hull, keel and rudder hand faired; VC-17 bottom paint
1. Mainsail w/1 reef, full length upper batten: North Radial Dacron 2011; Mainsail cover.
2. 106% Class Standard Lapper w/2 full length battens, luff tape for head foil: North Kevlar/Mylar 2010(?)
3. Working jib: North Dacron 1985
4. Large all round reacher/runner spinnaker: North 0.6 oz nylon Triradial 2010(?)
- 155% Genoa: North Kevlar/Mylar 1998
Sails are older but lightly used and serviceable (except Genoa). Half dozen older sails also included.
Spars and Rigging
1. Spar: aluminum with white baked paint finish.
2. Main halyard, 2 genoa halyards, spinnaker halyard, 1st reef and 2nd reef outhauls, Cunningham, Vang, Outhaul, Spinnaker downhaul and topping lift.
3. Spinnaker pole – aluminum
- Whisker pole – aluminum, extendable
5. 1 x 19 s/s rigging throughout, Navtec chainplates
6. Mast deck-stepped on custom designed tabernacle for self lowering.
7. Mast extrusion custom designed by Farr.
- Tuff Luff headfoil
1. Finest quality Schaeffer and Harken throughout
2. Maxwell 22 SIT, two speed, primary winches Maxwell 14, single speed, halyard winches
3. All halyards and winch-operated control lines (outhaul, vang, Cunningham, reef lines) lead to rear edge of cabin top and Easylock stoppered.
- 2 to 1 Traveler
5. 4 to 1 speed trimming on main sheet, 8:1 fine control for helmsman / mainsail trimmer
- 12:1 cascading backstay adjuster cleated just forward of traveler accessible to helmsperson and mainsail trimmer
1. Bow and stern pulpits (stern pulpit includes integral deployable boarding ladder) and stanchions fitted with double life lines
2. 1 ½ “ drains (2) in cockpit with separate exits.
3. No water access through cockpit lockers to interior.
4. Danforth 13S anchor mounted in custom designed well with 6ft chain and 150ft 5/8 in braided nylon rode
- Painted non-skid for maximum traction.
1. Bukh DV 8SME, 8.2 H.P. Diesel with sail drive.
2. Water sensing switch fitted between double membranes for 100% security.
3. No internal corrosion of sail drive leg as cooling water is obtained through separate inlet with seacock.
4. Flexible supports with hydraulic damping.
5. 2 Blade Gori folding prop.
6. Electric start, 18 amp. alternator.
7. Decompression lever and facility for pull start
1. Navigation bowlight, stern light, steaming light, anchor light.
2. 4 reading lamps in V berth and main cabin. Dome lights in head and quarter berth. Fluorescent light over galley.
3. Single battery connected through switch with provision for second battery.
4. All switches on safety breakers.
1. Double V berth; dinette converts to double; large quarter berth
sufficient for 2 children or 1 adult.
1. 2 Burner gimbaled Origo alcohol stove
1½“ insulated icebox with overboard drain w seacock
3. Removable chopping board
4. Large under-counter storage.
5. Dry locker access through counter top.
6. Dish and cup storage behind sliding doors.
1. Fully enclosed with marine toilet and 12 gallon holding tank.
2. Grating on floor for water removal (access to large wet locker aft is through head).
3. Shower can be added.
4. 6 large pigeon holes provide private storage for all crew members.
5. Safety locker and First Aid locker provided.
6. Folding basin provides seated access for shaving, make-up, etc.
1. Extra large dinette table provides chart table capability with storage box under.
2. Chart/reading light provided.
1. Treads of both companion way steps open providing access to storage compartments below
- Engine access from 3 sides.
- Top step in companionway same level as cockpit floor for easy access to halyard winches and stoppers.
- ICOM IC-M46 VHF marine radio w antenna
- Garmin 192C GPSMAP color GPS chart plotter w swiveling/stowable mounting bracket for companion way
- KVH Sailcomp 103AC electronic fluxgate compass w mast mounting bracket for display
- Navico TP 5000 Tillerpilot autohelm
- USCG approved basic safety kit, flares
- 10 USCG approved life jackets
- Life Sling – stern pulpit mounted man over board retrieval system
- 2 Marine first aid kits
- Throwable floating cushion
- 4+ dock lines
- 2 fenders
- 2 winch handles
- Hiking stick
- Numerous spare lines
- LOOS rig tension gage
- Engine oil extractor pump (for changing oil)
Six pad custom heavy duty steel cradle
Leave message, will return call.