Even NYYC has Covid-19 issues. At least they are acting sanely…
Club leadership was informed Saturday, November 7 that a Harbour Court employee tested positive for COVID-19. The employee was asymptomatic and taking a precautionary test for upcoming travel. Consistent with the Club’s policies since March to make the safety of our members, staff and families paramount in all decision making, the Flag Officers and Fleet Surgeon are implementing the following safety measures out of an abundance of caution:
• Contact tracing started immediately, and all employees identified to have been in contact with the person are getting tested as soon as possible.
• In accordance with our COVID-19 protocol, all visitors to the Club are logged and contact tracing with members was completed Saturday afternoon.
• Decontamination of the clubhouse began immediately on Saturday.
• All dining service, including Bolero To-Go, will be closed until further notice pending employee test results.
• All guestrooms have been disinfected.
• All members with guestroom reservations for this weekend were contacted and had the option to cancel.
The Club’s COVID-19 safety protocols will continue to be strictly enforced. Physical distancing and face coverings are required by all employees and members when on-site. Hand-sanitation stations are available throughout the property. We will notify members this week on reopening plans.
Jason T. Walsh
Chair, House Committee