How can we get an edge with our instruments? That’s where we started from with the d10.
Our list looked something like this:
• More confident starting from a better performing distance to line
• Quickly identify wind shifts with a well stabilised 9DoF magnetic compass
• Reduced lag and increased reliability from a wired speed sensor
• A display with large bright numbers allows me and my crew to see what’s going on at a glance and from any angle
• A reliable device that doesn’t die with the battery
OK for a starting point. But wouldn’t it be great to be able to :
• Heel angle for better downwind angles
• View tidal effects using Depth, boat speed and SOG comparison
• Upload fixed navigation marks
• Automatically calculate and view lay line angles
• Control the unit using an APP on your smartphone and view real-time telemetry from a coach boat
• Connect and use an APP on smartphones, tablets and laptops
• View and compare your performance using the racegeek analytics platform.
Now you’re talking.
In our first season, the results are plain to see and worth the effort with the racegeek d10 on the leading boats – #racegeekOnBoard
· 1st and 2nd at the J/70 Worlds
· UK J/70 National Champions
· Swiss J/70 National Champions
· SB20 Corinthian European Champions (2nd overall)
· Russian SB20 National Champions
· Ukrainian SB20 National Champions
· US Melges 24 Corinthian Champions (3rd overall)
Great sailors, using the best kit.
That’s why Jud Smith said, “The d10 is at another level of performance compared to what we’ve been using.”
Sail Magazine stated, “The d10 provides smaller boats with the same kind of instrument performance once limited to big-budget Grand Prix programs.” when they awarded us a Pittman Prize for innovation.
With the racegeek d10 proving its self at the front of the fleet and 100s of d10s sold we’ll be demonstrating the last item on the check list – Analytics, at the Annapolis Boat Show.
We’re are working with Errol Cain and AMW and are currently looking to expand our dealership network in Australia and New Zealand. If you’re an active racer in 20-35ft sporties or keelboats drop us a PM.
Find us at Booth F27 at the Annapolis Boat Show, Oct 4-8th.