The Ocean Cleanup has developed the world’s first feasible method to clean up half of the so-called Great Pacific Garbage Patch in 10 years’ time. But how many tons of garbage will be cleaned up? In order to determine the amount of plastic in the patch, we are organizing the largest ocean plastic expedition in history. During August this year, we will be crossing the Garbage Patch between California and Hawaii, with up to 50 boats in parallel. And you can be part of this historic event.
Note: we are still looking for volunteer or charter vessels at least 40 foot long and Pacific capable to cover the mid section coming from California.
Route guidelines are two the left.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- 1 Your contribution will help rid the oceans of plastic.
- 2 You will get to visit the Great Pacific Garbage Patch yourself
- 3 A significant part of the costs will be covered by the ocean cleanup.
- 4 Through its global coverage, your contribution will be internationally recognized.
- 5 The Ocean Cleanup takes care of all equipment, logistics, and can arrange for a volunteer to do the measurements.
We are now actively looking for vessels and experienced sailors to make this a reality.
If you would like to participate in the Mega Expedition, and for any questions, please get in touch with us at: [email protected]