In the essential requirements, it states that the successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
1) A proven ability to thrive in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
2) A strategic thinker and implementer
3) Politically adept
4) Commercially and financially astute
5) A clear understanding of the breadth of the sport and its events, coupled with a pragmatic approach to the balance of elite vs participation
6) A strong and inspirational manager and team leader, instilling a high performance culture across the entire organisation
7) A communicator and influencer with genuinely global impact and reach
8) A consensus builder with the courage of their convictions
9) A track record of promoting and commercialising sport
10) Integrity and vision, allied to affinity and passion for the sport of sailing
11) Calm but firm in terms of communication style and general demeanour
12) Fluent in English. Any additional language would be advantageous
13) Knowledge of sailing will be a distinct advantage.
Notice what is last of the thirteen requirements! Doesn’t that say it all?