Mini Transat racer Vincent Busnel woke up to perhaps the most frightening view possible on Monday when his Mini got too close to the bricks in Lanzarote while Busnel slept. Vincent was saved with minor injuries and some hypothermia, but the boat is now matchsticks. Check out more photos on Vincent’s Facebook Page from the Canaries rescue services.
At the front of the fleet the Scow Bow continues to lead, and here’s the damage report from the Canaries, where 12 ministas continue to try to get back in the race. Tracker is here, discussion is here.
- Richard Hewson (RG650.com) repairing an aerial problem
- Hugues Cholet (Pour le Bel Espoir) had planned to stop at the outset
- Jerome Lecuna (I Feel Good) departure imminent departure
- Marc Dubos (CEPAT), leaving tomorrow morning
- Nolwen de Carlan (Reality), leaving tomorrow morning
- Eric Jezegou (Déphémérides – AM2I), waiting for a chain plate
- Charles Boulanger (Foksamouille) has not clarified his intentions
- Axel Tréhin (Ty Startigenn) departure imminent
- Federico Cuciuc (Your Sail) has not clarified his intentions
- Thomas Guilbaud (Technip Planète Urgence), has not clarified his intentions
- Robin Marsh (Marcel for Ever) departure imminent
- Jean-Marie Oger (Acebi) – Jean-Marie just called the Race Director to signal his retirement (a problem with his navigation system)