A little pimpin for the guy who is destroying the Velux 5 Oceans fleet at the expense of his family’s finances; please, please dig deep to support the most successful US solo skipper of the past decade, and an immensely valuable member of this community; Brad van Liew. Now’s the time, folks.
In the oldest and toughest solo sailing race in the world, there is one American, and he’s sailed more than 100,000 miles alone on the 70% of our planet that’s covered with water. He is eager to share his experience with you. Brad is currently deep in the Southern Ocean, soon to round Cape Horn. There is no glory in this endeavor, other than proving that one person can do extraordinary things, testing mind and body to ultimate extremes while showcasing the state of our ocean environment.
Although this is a solo race, it definitely takes an entire crew to make it around the world. We are looking to increase the size of that crew with the addition of YOU, and we hope you’ll join us as Cape Horn Crew. You see, despite his vast experience and winning ways, Brad does not have a title sponsor, and continuing the race (to a potential US victory) depends on the support we can garner in the next 30 days. Though the race offers support to skippers in the form of prize money, even with a full sweep of all the legs, that support only constitutes 6% of the expenses of competing.
BRAD NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT TO KEEP RACING AND WINNING!
As Cape Horn Crew, you receive the following benefits:
- You and a guest are invited to a VIP “Cape Horn Crew Only” event in Charleston SC in May. Brad will be there to personally share his experience with you, including video highlights, photos, his unique brand of storytelling, and much more. You’ll be treated to food, beverages, and a boat tour.
- A beautiful professional photo of Le Pingouin under sail with a personal message to you as Brad rounds Cape Horn, including Lat/Long and Brad’s signature. You may also choose to make this a gift for a loved one or valued business relation, and have Brad’s personal message assigned to that person.
- Two Le Pingouin team t-shirts
- Recognition as one of Brad’s Cape Horn Crew online at www.oceanracing.org.
- Brad Van Liew is racing and winning the Velux 5 oceans race
If you would like to entertain clients and/or staff during the Velux5Oceans visit to Charleston, SC – please contact us for more information about Corporate Cape Horn Crew opportunities for more than two guests. This may include a private dockside reception aboard Le Pingouin, sailing or speaking engagements, media opportunities, and logo placement on the race boat. Please email me or call +1 843 814 3966 to discuss.
Brad is a proud person, but this is no time for pride. He’s proven he can conquer all obstacles with your support up until this point; he needs you to help him finish the job.
To join the Cape Horn Crew, please send a check for US$500.00 to:
Van Liew Ventures, Inc. PO Box 1721, Mt. Pleasant SC 29465 USA.
Or go online to www.oceanracing.org/support.html to pay electronically. We thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
-Meaghan Van Lie