lighter, stiffer, longer…
Columbia Yacht Corp., based in Southern California, is introducing a new, all carbon “C-32”. Compared to Columbia’s original 30’ sailboat, the new carbon fiber, vacuum infused construction delivers a significantly stiffer and lighter structure – only 3500 lb – that translates to higher boat speed. The C- 32’s prototype has reported speeds of 26 knots!
The newly designed deck, greater righting moment and improved sail handling controls make the C-32 potentially a good boat everything and perhaps ideally suited for short-handed sailing – only 4-5 sailors are needed in point to point racing.
The C-32 features:
- New deck design for off-shore racing
- Fixed carbon bow sprit for increased durability and simplicity
- Optimized rudder design
- Higher ballast to displacement ratio giving 27% more righting moment
- Lifting keel for trailering
- Refined and simplified interior to reduce weight
- Optimized sailplan to take advantage of the boat’s more powerful arrangement
The first three C-32’s are available for $99,000 each. For that price a motivated sailor could purchase the new, all-carbon C-32, equip it for off-shore racing, campaign the 2011 Transpac and ship it home to California for around $150,000!!! Wow!!! Contact Columbia Yachts for more details.