Know You’re Old When….
We we’re pondering the graying of our sport the other day
and came up with a few:
You know you’re old when…
- you wonder why you don’t see bloopers any more.
- you remember when Dave Ullman "was just a kid."
- you get nostalgic at the sight of a pintail stern.
- you think multihulls are weird and don’t belong in racing fleets.
- think Windward Passage is the greatest boat ever.
- still think aluminum rigs are safer than carbon.
- you think AC boats are 12 meters.
- you still say "you can’t go wrong with Dacron."
- consider dinghy racing to be ‘junior sailing."
- think IOR was "the good old days.".
- you wonder why sprit boats don’t just "pull the pole back."
- think Sailing World is still good.
Got a few of your