http://www.lymanmorse.com

schwab tall banner ad

torqeedo small ad

http://www.dryuv.com

sail fast banner ad 6 10

ner 2

BBY_SA

west marine 160 x 250 ad 6 10

karver ad 1 14

http://www.shaw650.com/

pyi banner ad

yellow banner

http://www.westmarine.com/timers/ronstan--clearstart-sailing-watch-black-red--15213648?cm_mmc=DS-_-Sailinganarchy-_-RonstanWatch-_-160x160Red/

farr 280 banner ad

c c 30 banner 6 17

http://www.mauriprosailing.com/

gmt banner ad

mx ad

seascape banner

http://www.crowleys.com/

weta banner 2 9

sound ad 4 23

landfall generic.

http://www.quantumsails.com/

tan 55 banner ad 1 21

mcconaghy top banner 12 12

boyd banner ad

VX-One-550x150-Bnr_V3

torqeedo top banner

b g banner ad

Gunboat 60 sailing in Annapolis, MD.

mauri 3 1 SA-Top-Rotate

Posts Tagged ‘Evans Starzinger’

Article Separator

loadedbutton

One of those quietly fascinating threads that could only happen in the Sailing Anarchy forums has been gathering steam since the end of 2013, and at over 20,000 views and nearly 1200 posts, it’s become Gear Anarchy’s most viewed thread, because it is a comprehensive resource for cordage testing information that’s uncluttered by manufacturer puffery and glossy brochures.  We’re not saying that the ‘official’ numbers are wrong – we’re just glad that Evans Starzinger, Brian Toss, and a pile of other smart guys are making and breaking hundreds of knots and splices in dozens of materials entirely because they want to improve the information available to the public.

The thread starts here, and we humbly suggest you pack a lunch.  And be sure to check out Evans’ website to see where he’s coming from, and Toss’s because, well, he’s awesome.

 

 

March 31st, 2014 by admin

Article Separator

 Anchoring is easy.  95% of the time, all you need to do is drop the pick, let go a pile of line, and back down.  But what about the other 5%?  Unknown holding ground, a crowded anchorage, tidal swings, williwaws, a storm; any one of these issues can turn your boat into a pile of matchsticks.

Longtime Anarchist and longer-time world cruiser Evans Starzinger shared a Powerpoint presentation with the Cruising Anarchy forum that addresses all these problems; whether you’re a racer thinking about cruising, a racer thinking about anchoring, or a cruiser looking for knowledge from one of the foremost cruisers in the world, we encourage you to first read the thread,  download the document, and then get back in the thread to ask Evans for details.  Another great resource from the kinder, gentler Cruising Anarchy forum, brought to you by BoatSmith.

 

August 14th, 2013 by admin

ullman banner 7 24

http://www.motivetrimarans.com/

cci banner ad

uk ad 4 3

anchor new ad

http://www.westmarine.com/timers/ronstan--clearstart-sailing-watch-black-red--15213648?cm_mmc=DS-_-Sailinganarchy-_-RonstanWatch-_-160x160Red/

rbs banner ad

toro 34 banner ad

ropeye banner 3 25

Gunboat 60 sailing in Annapolis, MD.

FSS_SA

http://www.camet.com/

predict wind banner ad

fisheries side ad 7 22