how it’s done
We always love hearing these stories, but they seem quite rare, especially when it comes to pros.
- Saturday was about 8 to start, pretty shifty as it always is much before noon.
- He wins the first race by a couple of hundred yards.
- Second race – nowhere to be found. He finished 21st. Turns out he broke his headstay a minute before the start, started 4 minutes late.
- Wins the next race.
- 4th in the 4th race.
- Wins the fifth – leading at the end of the day with a drop.
- Very light on Sunday. Marginal as to whether or not they should have sailed.
- He got tangled up with a hacker, fouled him, bad start as a result. Finished 12th, third for the regatta.
- So I figured he was going to be a bit bummed, and I’m sure he was for a while. I didn’t go over to the boat while he was putting it away…figured I’d let them put their boat away.
- And here’s the point – he goes to the trophies, and was the first guy to clap for the winner, and the loudest.
Class act. Who is it? And where?
August 16th, 2013